Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Quiz Again

CODC Quiz is one of the Annual Event, which I always love to attend. Many Chocos to win, T-Shirts. Today, I won 2 Chocos and 1 T-Shirt.

I'm not much strong in Networking Area, my favorite areas are OS, esp. Unix/Linux.

Choco Question-1:

It is abt "Nicolas Writh" - A Turing Award winner who wrote Pascal PL, and many books on DS and Algos.

Choco Question-2:

It is a simple question, the answer is "Friend Class", you can guess the question.

One Summa Question:

Who wrote TeX - Donald E.Knuth (Thala...)

And The Great T-Shirt Question is....

What is the name "Unix" Stands for:

It is named as a pun on Multics, which some Bell guys like Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie, Brian Kernighan were working. Multics is an Multi-users operating system, funded by GE. But Multics was huge flop, so they came with an new operating system which developed on PDP-11 and using C Language, it is been ported to other hardwares.

Guna answered 2 Choco Questions.

I still remember My Senior Dhinesh, asked this same question in the Ragging Session while I was doing my MCA in MKU.

Totally, it is an awesome experience.

No comments: