Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My Physics Interest

One of the subject which I love during my school days is Physics. And One of the Subject I love during my college days is Maths (esp. Calculus). But If you ask me what is my score in these subjects in my 10th and +2, I'm a very below average performer.

When I ask myself why I was not able to perform much in my school days, I could say that its the teachers fault in my school. I thinks it is the same fate with every school in India.

Why do one LEARN ? For me "To Learn is to understand." But in schools esp. in India "To Learn" is to "To Memorize." This is the same reason, why I'm able to shine better in Computer Science, because I Understand What I learn. I was able score good marks passed with distinction in my B.Sc (Computer Science) and M.C.A. by understanding.

As a Science subject, Physics is more interesting to me than Chemistry. My interest are more into Astronomy (yes, I know how to identify Big Dipper and Little Dipper. I learned it from a Russian Books (Ursa Major, Ursa Minor)) and Relativity Theory. Here are some of the Good Links for understanding Physics (which I browsed today):

http://www.einstein-online.info/en/elementary/index.html
http://staff.washington.edu/aganse/blog/files/relativityintro.html
http://staff.washington.edu/aganse/blog/files/centrip.html

2 comments:

Cogito Ergo Sum said...

Reemus,

Be happy that these days our younger generation would be out of this "megallan method" of teaching in school,which obviously was a 'rote system'.

don't be surprised, I start my arguments against this 'rote system' during my 10th standard, and my teachers would always encouraged me to write answers as given in "Notes"(hope you understand,what i mean by notes).

These days, Government has come up with plan, not to continue with this method, instead adapt a method in which student is participatory by providing a suitable environment for them to perform.

Reemus Kumar said...

Good to hear that Government is taking steps to improve our Educational Standards.

I think more practical knowledge should be provided to the younger generation than just Theory. They should be aware is the application of principles and theories they learn rather than bogged into only TEXT.