Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wisdom

To Err is Human,
To Re-Err is Foolish,
To Learn from Other's Err is Wisdom.

Two days before, my two-wheeler got punctured and I had to get office through other means of Transport. I was lucky for the first day, I had a colleague who used to commute through Share-Auto. We need to take 2 trips to reach our Office.

First, from Velachery Bus Terminal to SRP Bus-stop and then from SRP Bus-stop to our Office in Kottivakam. When we reached SRP Bus-stop, my colleague advised to cross the road across before getting a Share-Auto.

I questioned him, because there were lot of Share-Autos which are standing nearby. He told me that they will charge Rs.10 instead of Rs.5 if we cross the road. Blindly, I took his advice and we crossed the road and took a Share-Auto for Rs.5.

Yesterday, It was my turn to come to Office all alone. My laziness caught me, I took the Share-Auto which was nearby, rather than crossing the road. I was thinking that who will ask Rs.5 extra for just a 10 feet before.

But to my dismay, the Auto-walla charged me Rs.10 when I got down at my office.

This is one of the daily lessons which we learn from our own bad experiences and trial-and-error methods. There is no need for us to go through the same bad experience which already happened to others. We can learn from others. That is WISDOM !!!

But, we must scrutinize the authenticity for such information without bias.

Books are means of communicating the Mistakes done by oneself.

No comments: