Thursday, August 23, 2007

Circle or Line

Circle or Line.... Finite or Infinite...

I'm not a student of Mathematics. This is just my contemplation.

There was one old poem by a Tenali Raman (I think so, or some Telugu Poet). In that poem he says about a situation where there is a large queue of goats standing. Each goat is eating the tail of the goat in front of it. It just came to my mind when I was reading GEB yesterday, which talks about Strange Loops in Godel, Escher and Bach.

The arrangement of the goats can be a Circle or it can be a Line. An line of infinite length is a Circle.

So here is the question, Is there anything infinite. We say that universe is infinite, my thought is when you reach the end of it(you can have a coffee:HGTG), it cycles and you come to beginning of the universe.

Just like mod counters.... once you reach n, the next is zero...

Maybe I will patent this idea... :-)

No comments: