Friday, September 29, 2006

Some Ayn Rand Quotes

Evil requires the sanction of the victim.

I don't build in order to have clients. I have clients in order to build.

Only the man who does not need it, is fit to inherit wealth, the man who would make his fortune no matter where he started.

Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter.

The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

To say "I love you" one must first be able to say the "I."

What objectivity and the study of philosophy requires is not an 'open mind,' but an active mind - a mind able and eagerly willing to examine ideas, but to examine them criticially.

Anyone who fights for the Future lives in it today. - "I love this"

Great men can't be ruled.

There's nothing of any importance except how well you do your work.

Reason is man's basic means of survival.

"The three cardinal values of the Objectivist ethics with their three corresponding virtues: :
* Reason - Rationality
* Purpose - Productiveness
* Self-Esteem - Pride

"What is greatness? I will answer: it is the capacity to live by the three fundamental values of John Galt: Reason, Purpose, Self-Esteem."

My quote:

Pride is not evil, if have pride over your own creation.

No comments: